Dumb question about snow leopard and iphoto

Reaction score
Our harddrive died, and we just replaced it. We cannot find our initial leopard OSX CD. The one we have says it can't be used on our machine. I am thinking it's because we accidentally got our disks mixed up with my moms, as she has the same imac as we do.

We had purchased snow leopard after our mac died, and I installed it, but iphoto is not there. I guess it's because it doesn't come bundled on the snow leopard disks, but how do I get it back? if these OSX disks aren't ours, my mom can't find the ones she has.

I know I should be able to install my original ilife off of the bundled software disks, but without them, do I have to go and buy ilife 09?

thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
ilife - the one that comes with iphoto etc is only bundled on the system dvd that comes with a new Mac. As in the your model of Mac only system disc that came with your Mac. If you buy a OS X disc from the store as you did with 10.6, it will not come with ilife.

So as far as I know getting ilife legally again for your Mac is either find the old discs that came with your computer, or go out and buy ilife from the store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Our harddrive died, and we just replaced it. We cannot find our initial leopard OSX CD. The one we have says it can't be used on our machine. I am thinking it's because we accidentally got our disks mixed up with my moms, as she has the same imac as we do.
If the two are indeed the same exact model, the discs for either one should work. Since those discs aren't working, either they are from neither Mac, or the two are different in some small way. It could even be so minor of a difference that you cannot tell.

So as far as I know getting ilife legally again for your Mac is either find the old discs that came with your computer, or go out and buy ilife from the store.
Naw! I think you can get replacements from Apple. You have a serial number. They might require other proof of ownership, which they can tell you about. Contact Apple. There might be a small cost, and shipping charges.

OP
Z
Reaction score
Our mac geniuses are pretty helpful, and they know we have been in many times when we were having HD issues... maybe they would let us boot off one of their disks?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I think they would. They might also help you get replacements.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.