maudio keyboard sound problem on Mac book

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17in GS Macbook Pro 3.06ghz, 4gb ram, 500 hdd 7200 rpm,9400m and gt graphics
Hey all

i just bought an M-Audio Keystation 49e USB MIDI Controller Keyboard, connects all fine to my Macbook pro but the sounds if low. i can hear and play no problem but ive tried to increase the sound volume on my mbp but still faint.

does anyone know if theres any controls ive missed out ?

all ive done is connected the keyboard by usb only and opened Garage band.

cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.5Ghz C2D 4GB 500GB Seagate 7200RPM / 15" Powerbook G4 1.5Ghz 2GB 160GB Seagate 5400rpm
Remember that it is only a midi controller with no sounds of its own. All that GB is receiving is MIDI messages from the keyboard, not "sounds."

I would look into the settings within GB and look to increase channel/track volumes initially. The only thing that could affect actual volume coming from the keyboard itself would be the velocity settings, which should come from the factory set to be velocity-sensitive - the harder you play, the louder the sounds.

Hope that helps.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17in GS Macbook Pro 3.06ghz, 4gb ram, 500 hdd 7200 rpm,9400m and gt graphics
i found in the mixer menu that i can increase my instrument sound but as soon as i start playing it loud the volume goes back down again and the mixer bar moves back to where it was originally

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.