How to stop the pad to click

Reaction score
Hi,
The right side of my 2007 White MacBook pad is clicking. Yes, I can click by touching the part between the trackpad, the keyboard and the edge of the MacBook (basically the place where your right hand lay down).

This is a physical problem because you can feel the plastic moving and you can even ear a noise similar to a button clicking.

I changed the top case and I still have the same problem. This must mean that the problem is underneath... which is strange because there is nothing underneath but the hard drive.

Finaly, the quick solution I found is to use a mouse and to disactivate the trackpad, which is kind of boring.

Do you know what is the problem and how I can fix it?

Reaction score
Have got exactly the same issue by the look of it. 2008 MacBook.

Left side of the bar below the trackpad, most often used part for clicking, is making this horrible click noise. Right side is fine. I am trying to avoid it by tapping the trackpad but instinct keeps making me click the bar.

Its driving me up the wall!

Looks like it is a common issue, but can't see any real solutions out there yet...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2008
trackpad problems on macbook

Hi,
I'm having very similar problems, but perhaps even worse!
It's becoming a real headache because sometimes the entire bottom of my casing (below the keyboard) acts as a trackpad and resting my hands on it means it keeps highlighting and clicking on things and using the laptop becomes impossible!

When writing it keeps highlighting the text and you end up deleting what you've written over and over again... it keeps right-clicking on icons and dragging them around the desktop and I can't make it drop them. Basically it's a nightmare.

It seems to make no difference if I don't rest my hands on it. It's not a continuous problem, but if it happens restarting it makes no difference, it just seems to "settle down" after a while.

Anybody have any ideas or suggestions??
Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.