Two problems I am clueless about

Reaction score
This might be a dumb question for the normal mac users but I have questions. first on the windows 7 side of my macbook 13 the mouse pad just stop responding. if i plug in any usb mouse and my magic mouse it works it just doesnt work with the mouse pad. I am very new to mac and have no idea what to do. the device manager on windows says everything is fine. My second issue is on the MAC os/x side everything works except that when I shut down it never does all it does is go into a sleep mode or something like that . the only way it does shut down is to push and hold the power button. Thanks ahead of time :Oops:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Need more clues. (some in your title would have been nice)

What model of Mac? (Do you mean the track pad, not mouse pad?)
What version of OSX?
What software have you installed?
What does "sleep mode or something" look like? How does it wake up?
Anything else that you observed that you can tell us might help.

OP
M
Reaction score
Need more clues. (some in your title would have been nice)

What model of Mac? (Do you mean the track pad, not mouse pad?)
What version of OSX?
What software have you installed?
What does "sleep mode or something" look like? How does it wake up?
Anything else that you observed that you can tell us might help.

First sorry for the vague post yes I mean the track pad sorry about that.
the OSX is leopard software i have windows seven with office 2007 not much else int that end . on the osx side i have office 2008 and adobe cs4 mozilla firefox and thats about it. I have not installed anything since I got it. I assume you may be thinking that I may have installed something and that may have been the culprit. I have not done anything other than any operating system updates on the osx side and windows side.
I think its a sleep mode because the screen goes blank and circle looking figure that looks like it spinning shows up and on wake up it really doesn't wake at all it just stays on the previously described screen. also the not shutting down issue only happens with leopard and the track pad is only a windows issue

Reaction score
The not shutting down issue could be from a connected usb device. Try disconnecting your usb devices to see if it fully shuts down.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
You could try this...

System Preferences > Energy Saver

Put the computer to sleep when it is inactive for: Never

See if that makes a difference. (Where was yours set?)

I have mine on Never, and the display on 15 min. just for reference.

OP
M
Reaction score
The not shutting down issue could be from a connected usb device. Try disconnecting your usb devices to see if it fully shuts down.

OK I got it to shut down after disconnecting my USB external hard drive. But the windows problem still persists I can't seem to figure out why the track pad stopped working

Reaction score
how is the windows setup? and a step ahead, do you have your leopard install disks?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.