intel macbook wont boot please help

Reaction score
hey guys, my girl friend has a mac-book and the battery died so we were using it without the battery in, as a desktop and now it will not boot at all when u press power the disk drive boots up then nothing, we tried holding option R T and it will boot to the log in screen but the moment u take your hands off option R T the screen just goes black, the only thing i could think of was that her HD failed, its only 2 years old and in good shape so i dont see why the logic bored would be bad, any ideas? thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Welcome to the Forum. Try doing a SMC reset see if that helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 4 GB DDR3, 250 GB HDD, 10.6.4
I'd say hard drive before making the leap to logic board. What happens when you boot into Single User Mode? (Cmd + S).

OP
Reaction score
I'd say hard drive before making the leap to logic board. What happens when you boot into Single User Mode? (Cmd + S).

the only time it will actually boot to a screan is the option r t other then that it is nothing but a black screan

OP
Reaction score
where salesman

the only time it will actually boot to a screan is the option r t other then that it is nothing but a black screan

we got it to boot with command s, a whole bunch of sentences came up and then red and green pixels just started coming across the screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
OP
Reaction score
we cant run anything because we cant get anything to boot, the moment u take your finger off a key the screen just goes black again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.