27" iMac Question

Reaction score
Hi,

Can I use the 27" iMac to display my XP desktop. IE is there a place on the iMac to physically plug in my XP box?

Thanks

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Not unless you have a displayport on your XP box or want to invest in a video card that does or one of these.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
You can use VNC to control your XP box from your Macintosh, and it's free.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
As the owner of a 27" iMac, I can see wanting to connect something like a game console or something like that..but connecting another PC to the iMac means you can't use the iMac at the same time..kinda defeats the purpose by making the iMac just a big monitor doesn't it?

Regards

OP
K
Reaction score
Jamie - Thanks mate.

Razor Edge - No not at all. I like to have an XP box kicking about to download on. SO its set up pritty much all day long. I currently run two XP PCs at the mo. One is for music creation and the other is for everything else.

The iMac will now replace the Music Creation XP box that will be sold. I will still use the XP download box to download and riddle itself with viruses etc.

Both share one monitor and one keyboard and mouse via a KVM

How can you 'not' use two PCs at the same time? I sometimes have my laptop on the go as well. Guess im an addict :]

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.