Help - Safari 4.0.5 will not open!

Reaction score
Hi All, I just downloaded safari 4.0.5 as recommended by software updates. I am running OSX 10.4.11. Problem is that safari no longer opens. I click on the icon but nothing happens. I am therefore browser less and in trouble. Any thoughts on what to do? :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Welcome to Mac Forums
Repair disk permissions, and then go directly to the website and download from here
If you have no browser, you may need to use another computer, save the disk image onto an external usb drive, and copy it to your desktop.
Also, once you get it going download firefox or another browser as well, so that you never run into a problem like this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Do you have a backup from which you can restore the Safari app. ?

Also it is always good to have a couple of browsers installed ( Safari, FF, Chrome, Opera, ... )

Cheers ... McBie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Mcbie, you got in there while I was typing :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.