Magic Mouse Discolouration.. =/

Reaction score
My Magic Mouse is getting discoloured =/ .. Is Yours?

Hi Guys,

My magic mouse is getting discolouration.. Its a bit blue where the scroll area is, has anyone else been experiencing the same?

Looks a bit like this now (except its not as prominent):
mjuyow.jpg

Anyone know if I can get a replacement for the mouse? I just noticed it recently, the only thing that changed is I added a lamp to the room, but Its not anywhere close to it.. I don't know what's causing it..

It was bought on November 2009..

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My magic mouse is getting discolouration.. Its a bit blue where the scroll area is, has anyone else been experiencing the same?

Looks a bit like this now (except its not as prominent):
mjuyow.jpg

Anyone know if I can get a replacement for the mouse? I just noticed it recently, the only thing that changed is I added a lamp to the room, but Its not anywhere close to it.. I don't know what's causing it..

It was bought on November 2009..

Hi there,
If I were you, I would give Apple a call and explain the situation to them and I'm pretty certain that they, or the retailer you purchased the MM from will replace it, provided of course, that you still have the proof of purchase.

Hope this info helps :Cool:

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I've used mine for approximately 8 hours a day since the day I bought it (I preordered it and had it the day it came out) and it looks nothing like this.

Have you tried any cleaners on it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Have you tried any cleaners on your fingers??? :D

Mine looks just like new after many hours of use.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.