Ordering MacBook (Pro) tomorrow - what would YOU do?

Reaction score
Hey forum =)
I know it's late, but I do have a question I'd like to ask ^^

I'm ordering my MacBook (Pro) tomorrow, but what would YOU do?

1) MacBook White Unibody (€827,-)
2) Low-end MBP 13'' (€1057,-)
3) High-end MBP 13'' (€1287,-)

What would you take (and why)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
For a personal machine, the MacBook unibody is honestly the best deal. Same video, same screen, but the stock hard disk is bigger! Why not go for that? :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
Well your needs would be different than mine so I don't know how useful other's opinions would be to you. If you only using your computer for basic needs such as surfing the internet and checking email then the white unibody or low end 13" would work. If you use more intensive software then I would get the high end MBP 13".

The choice between the low end MBP 13" and white unibody is a harder choice and it depends on if you want the things missing from the low end 13". I think the white unibody is a better deal if you can live without the extra features of the low end 13".

OP
Uchiha1911
Reaction score
The screen of the MacBook Pro isn't better in itself, but the glass panel that's over it make the colours more vibrant and with this pop out more.
The HDD will be replaced with an SSD nevertheless.

I think I narrowed my choices down the MacBook vs. Low-end MBP..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
Low end MBP.

I have no regrets getting one.

The backlit keyboard is amazing...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
You still trying to decide LOL :D
I don't recall if it was mentioned in your other posts, but keep in mind that the white MB also has no firewire. I don't really use my firewire, but it's nice to know it's there!
Also, the white MB has a shared audio in/out instead of one of each (which to me is a big deal).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Well, the current white unibody was not out when I got my MBP, but if it was it would have been an easy choice. The backlit keyboard makes it worth it to me, and firewire and the SD card slots are thing I don't want to live without. I use firewire daily, and pulling the memory card is much easier than dragging out a cable to hook up the camera.

Also, there is no way I could ever see myself in a white computer :D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't recall if it was mentioned in your other posts, but keep in mind that the white MB also has no firewire. I don't really use my firewire, but it's nice to know it's there!
Also, the white MB has a shared audio in/out instead of one of each (which to me is a big deal).

And to me likewise. Very good points - both.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
The new 13 inch MBPs have the same audio in/out as the new MB, keep that in mind.

It sounds like you are leaning towards the MBP 13" 2.26. It is a great computer and I would 100% recommend it to you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
The new 13 inch MBPs have the same audio in/out as the new MB, keep that in mind.

It sounds like you are leaning towards the MBP 13" 2.26. It is a great computer and I would 100% recommend it to you.

I keep forgetting that it's not until the 15" that you get the seperate in/out audio ports! ARGH

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.