Advice regarding iPod shuffle

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod | iPhone
Being a new member here I hope this is the right place to ask this question.

I am thinking about giving a iPod shuffle to a family member, but to be honest I liked the old shuffle more because I almost think that the new one has become to small.

So I would like to hear from someone who perhaps has some experience using this new shuffle on a daily/weekly basis and if they can recommend it as something that is good to use and importantly is easy to operate?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
I was given one as a gift by a friend. I tried using it once. Now it's in a drawer somewhere. I'm totally with you, it's WAY too small, and I honestly don't like that at all. It doesn't feel cheap though. It's really well-built and it works well, just as advertised.

I just like having controls, ya know? :D

OP
3DWall
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod | iPhone
Thanks for your thoughts.

I have the same concern regarding the controls, because I think the former model works was very easy to use and control.

if there is any others who have any thing to add to this subject, I'll like to hear it :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2,1
Too Small

When I saw the 3rd gen launched, I went to Target and bought a silver 2nd gen that day. I had put off buying it for a long time but I saw that I had to act fast, since I knew I would not like the Trident Gum ipod. The 2nd Gen is a compromise anyway without a screen, so moving the controls to the headphones seems too far to go. I ran my earbuds through the washer and dryer and ruined them. Anyway, I am very happy with my 2nd gen Shuffle.

Reaction score
had a shuffle 2 generation which died yesterday during a run in the rain... was just checking to buy a new one, but I read that the controls are build in the earbuds... is there any other way to control it, as I would still like to use my sennheiser earbuds?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Nothing wrong with the new Shuffle. It may be small, but that's the beauty of it - very convenient to carry or even wear around your neck beneath your shirt.

But if you're going to buy one, make sure you get the 4 GB model not the 2 GB.
There's no way to pause, forward, back, and so forth, without the special ear buds with built in controls. You just have to get used to them.

Regards.

Reaction score
I personally also think its to small, especially as I have big hands. I just find it so unfriendly to people like me.:Angry:

Reaction score
nothing wrong with it being small, but I just hate fit and sound quality of standard ipod earbuds... it's all about in-ear.

will need to buy a 2nd gen at some online store which has some left then..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.