Leopard OSX install..mac mini disks on ibook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac mini c2d 2.0 & ibook 1.33 1.5gb ram
hi all,
this may be a dumb question, but i cant seem to find the anwser anywhere thats clear and easy to understand. i have a newer refurb'd ibook running 10.5.8, and also have an intel mac mini c2d running 10.5.8 as well, but will be upgrading that to snow leopard very soon.. my question is since i got the ibook from the manufact with leopard already installed, could i use the install disks from my mac mini should something go wrong on my new HD swap? i plan on using carbon copy cloner but still would like some background b4 i do it...thanks guys

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
No. Mac mini installer discs will never work on an iBook. Here's a rule of thumb to follow: OEM installer discs included with one Macintosh will never work on a different model of Macintosh. Plus, your license for those discs is tied to the Macintosh they came with.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
No sadly not. They are machine specific. You need to have a generic DVD (black face) for you to be able to do that.
Snow Leopard will be ok though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.