New Magsafe help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, 2.1ghz, 4gb ram, 250gb hd
So I, like other people, have been having bad luck with my power cable lately. I have to get the cable in just the right place for it to charge. The other night, it was not in said right place while running, and the battery got completely drained. So far I haven't been able to get it back up for more than about 45 seconds, trying the cable in different places.

I'm taking it to the genius bar at 7pm to confirm that it is in fact the cable and not the computer. I don't expect they'll replace it for me, but maybe I'll get lucky.

In the event that I have to buy a new one, they're on sale at Best Buy right now... But I want to make sure I get one of the redesigned plugs. They have two 60w adapters on their site.

The first one by all appearances is the same as my original.

The second one, which is only available online, so of course I can't go look at in a store, doesn't show a picture of the plug itself.

So to get down to it, can anyone tell from the model number, or maybe experience, if that second link is for the redesigned plug?

I imagine the sale probably ends tonight, so when they tell me I have to get a new one, I'll have to jump on right away and order it!

Thanks for any help!

-Justin

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.