Photos on EBAY

Reaction score
If I can really dumb-down from the normal level of sophistication here, can someone give me a clue as to how to upload pictures into my EBAY ad from my Mini?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
If I can really dumb-down from the normal level of sophistication here, can someone give me a clue as to how to upload pictures into my EBAY ad from my Mini?

It all works via the e-Bay auction you set up. You have to go thru the process of setting up your e-Bay auction...and at the proper step, you upload the photos.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
As Nick states, when you get to that part of the selling process, you select photos, and hit the browse button. Your photo/s, which should be placed on the desktop, are simply selected and uploaded.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
... Your photo/s, which should be placed on the desktop...

So as not to be too prescriptive, your photos can be anywhere. Probably easier if they are in their own folder (if not on the desktop) as they are then easier to delete once your item is sold.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15 2.2 i7 4GB 750GB
If you want to put up many pictures for no extra cost, you can upload pictures to sites such as photobucket and then put a link to them in your description of the item. That could be against eBay's rules though.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And photos must be your own work, not copies or downloaded pictures.

Reaction score
i'm skimming, so i hope nobody said it. you have to keep in mind that many places like ebay have restrictions on image sizes. so be aware of that. i still can't figure out an easy way of the PC "right click, properties" to view image size without saving it to my desk top first.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
You can do as they said, but then that would require that you pay for each additional photo(the first one is free.
What I do is, I edit the photos so that they are 800xXXX resolution, then upload them to photobucket. Then, while editing your listing on ebay, you will notice a button that says HTML, clicking on that will let you edit your listing description in html format, which will also let you put photos in html, which you can get from photobucket because they have an html link for all photos. This lets you put as many photos as you want without paying any extra pretty pennies, and also looks better than just putting links on it, which technically can get your listing removed because links to outside sites are against ebay policy…even for pictures.

Oh yeah, if you do it my way, there are NO restrictions on photo size, I just think that 800x600 is about the best size for it…i have over 220+ positive feedback there, so I kinda got used to everything

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.