4. intego Virus barrier
5. MAc Box Set
6. windows 7 ultimate
7. parallels 5
8. quicktime 7 pro
9. drive genius 2
10. toast titanium
11. rhino 4

Can anyone advise the sequence to install these programmes??;)

New Kid on the Block

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Welcome to the Forum. Wont actually make any difference which order u use. Hope you have good sized Ram then you can run lots of those at the same time.
When i comes to number 4 on your list - i would not bother with it. Been using Macs for years and never had a virus or virus type software, just dont go to dodgy sites.
Ooops just noticed parallels - some one else can give advice on that - not my scene.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thank you:D

Oh no virus needed!!?? How nice!!

I intend to buy the 7200rpm is this ok?:Oops:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i had 7200 on mine and had no issues altho some say that the battery will be used a bit more but have never seen a figure for it.

OP
D
Reaction score
Mine is a standard 2X2GB ram now. Is it ok to install all these programmes? Do you have any recommendations?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
The AV software you have you might want to use it with your windows OS, but as collin was trying to say is you have no need for it on the OS X side of the system.

You need to treat the Windows side of your installation as if you had JUST a windows machine. You are still prone to whatever viri/trojans/malware thats is out there that will affect Windows ....... :)

TM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I would say if you are planning on a Dual boot deal the best to deal with that first and get parallels set up, but as i say - that is out of my league so not sure of the best path to follow. Hang fire as there are plenty of others who can advise u on that, and who will post suggestions.

OP
D
Reaction score
Is the Hitachi Travelstar 7K500 2.5-inch 500GB 7200RPM Hard Drive is suitable n good? any other options to consider What about the rams? Is samsung 4GB DDR3 1066 good enough? any other recommendations? Which brand to go for?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Diane have a look at OWC-MacSales and look for the My OWC tab. Click that and then follow through the steps to put in your Mac specs and it will give you what is compatible with your machine. Anything that comes up in the lists i would consider as OWC test all there products on Mac's so us public dont get ripped off.
Im in Aust and there customer service is second to none and was delivered before time. I would recommend them to anyone .... :)

TM

OP
D
Reaction score
Diane have a look at OWC-MacSales and look for the My OWC tab. Click that and then follow through the steps to put in your Mac specs and it will give you what is compatible with your machine. Anything that comes up in the lists i would consider as OWC test all there products on Mac's so us public dont get ripped off.
Im in Aust and there customer service is second to none and was delivered before time. I would recommend them to anyone .... :)

TM

Thank you tattooedmac. But am not in Australia, that option is out for me. Nevertheless, it is a good reference for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Like what was said omit no.4 and use MSE on Windows 7 side and you make me have software envy thats a chunk of change in software alone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
Im in Aust and there customer service is second to none and was delivered before time. I would recommend them to anyone ....

TM
Thank you tattooedmac. But am not in Australia, that option is out for me. Nevertheless, it is a good reference for me.

This is a US site, however they will deliver anywhere... Where are you located?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
You kind of went on a shopping spree didn't you. ;) I'm not familiar with all the Mac software you listed but there shouldn't really be a specific order necessary. Most software is meant to be installed separate so the order shouldn't effect each other.

As for Windows 7 and Parallels it depends on whether you need to run Windows by itself as if your computer was a Windows PC or do you want run Windows simultaneously with Mac using Parallels? The benefit of the first option is that you can run Windows at full power for software that needs it like video games. You can do this with a free Mac software called Boot Camp. You can have both a Boot Camp install and a Parallels Windows install but I believe you have to install Windows through Boot Camp first if you want that option.

If you are sure you don't need the full power of Windows then you can just install Parallels and it should then ask you to install Windows. Most people don't need the run Windows at full power unless you play games or use other intensive Windows software.

Reaction score
You can add boot camp to Parallels later, you just go back though the normal steps of setting up a VM. I like this method because it allows me to access my windows when needed for some things without logging out of the Mac side, yet leaves me with a full powered windows machine when needed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.