iphone and iphoto

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 rMBP
When my iPhone is plugged into the computer my iPhoto does not 'see' it. I'm trying to get pics i took off my phone without emailing them to myself

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
So you're saying that when you have your iPhone plugged in, it doesn't show up in iPhoto or that it no longer launches iPhoto automatically?

OP
Gary86
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 rMBP
when the iphone is plugged in it doesn't show up in iPhoto...weird thing is that is does launch iphoto when plugged in.

OP
Gary86
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 rMBP
no more suggestions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
So it doesn't show up in devices in iPhoto.... what about using iTunes or image capture (in your apps folder)?

OP
Gary86
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 rMBP
it shows up in iTunes just not in iPhoto, which is killing me bc I hate having to email myself photos.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Go to user/library/preferences and drag com.apple.iPhoto.plist to your desktop.
Reboot and try again.

OP
Gary86
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 rMBP
how to do I find the "Go to user/library/preferences and drag com.apple.iPhoto.plist"

sorry I'm horrible with Mac, sort of new

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
how to do I find the "Go to user/library/preferences and drag com.apple.iPhoto.plist"

sorry I'm horrible with Mac, sort of new

I pm'd you back with the an image of the path and directions.
Post back on here if you have any problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Does your iphone show up in the dock... is it unlocked?

-try openening Image Capture, turn iPhone OFF/ON and if the app discovers it, use the drop down menu to find iPhone to iPhoto import.

-try unchecking auto sync in iTunes.

-try powering off your iPhone, and powering it back on.

-also, see Apple - Support - Discussions - iPhoto 8.1 does not recognize iPhone ...

Anyone else got any other ideas, as the above didn't work for Gary86

OP
Gary86
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 rMBP
I will try that now...it's not unlocked, but it is jailbroken. It was working when I first got the phone.

OP
Gary86
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 rMBP
tried all the above, after selecting iPhoto from image capture it showed up. But when unplugged and plugged back in, the Mac didn't see it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I will try that now...it's not unlocked, but it is jailbroken. It was working when I first got the phone.
I meant unlocked in the dock when you right click (control click) on the icon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Other than the above, I'm outa suggestions unfortunately.
Hopefully someone can come along with a solution, but at least meanwhile,
tried all the above, after selecting iPhoto from image capture it showed up. But when unplugged and plugged back in, the Mac didn't see it
should give you the ability to get photos off your phone without emailing them, even though unplugging the phone will mean repeating the procedure!

OP
Gary86
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 rMBP
ok 6string I figured it out! On my working desk at home I have a USB hub that is in the desk. So i had the extension hub hooked up to the MBP, the apple USB hooked up to the hub. So it wasn't a direct connection to the laptop itself. I'm not traveling and went to put some pics up from the zoo here in ATL and iPhoto recognized it right away.

Thank you for all your help throughout this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.