Best Burning Program for Macbook

Reaction score
hey all

i have a bunch of movies that i want to burn to a dvd and watch them on my dvd player and tv. what is the best program to use that will allow me to do this.

all movies are .avi or .mp4 what format to these have to be in order to work in a dvd player?

thanks

wilton

OP
W
Reaction score
yes they are. some are in .avi and some in .mp4

looking for a program that can burn and convert these into a movie that can be watched on a standard dvd player.

wilton09

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
You could use Handbrake for converting and use the system burn folder to out them on to a DVD for you. FREE as well :)

Or if you want to spend a few well earned $ i can recommend Amazon - Roxio Toast 9....

I still have this version and works wonders, but have read not so good reviews for the Toast 10

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Toast 10 is fine, I wonder what the issues are?
There is also Burn, which is limited but free.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Toast 10 is fine, I wonder what the issues are?

I cant quote ATM Kev but i read there was SL problems and from memory the actual burn was quitting mid burn with certain errors. As i said this was going back when near it 1st came out, and havnt looked into it further as, as i said im happy as larry with 9 :)

TM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
You could use Handbrake for converting and use the system burn folder to out them on to a DVD for you. FREE as well :)

Or if you want to spend a few well earned $ i can recommend Amazon - Roxio Toast 9....

I still have this version and works wonders, but have read not so good reviews for the Toast 10

I'm just about to use handbrake to convert to MP4, and then right click the output MP4 file, and select burn, seeing as our DVD player accepts MP4 format, Im hoping to burn this output MP4 directly to DVD, and then play it on our standalone DVD player. Wish me luck.

I will of course post back my findings, on how easy or not this whole process was, as I too like many others, have looked into many of the software packages available to do this simple process, but all failed.

In my case, i am trying to put a 1hr 33min film onto a 4.7GB DVD disk.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.