How to eject blank CDs that don't pop up on desktop

Reaction score
I put a blank cd in my computer but it doesn't show up on the desk top for some reason, so I don't know how to eject it? Normally it shows up on the desk top so I can just eject it if I want.

How do I eject a blank CD from my computer if it doesn't show up on my desktop?

thanks!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I put a blank cd in my computer but it doesn't show up on the desk top for some reason, so I don't know how to eject it? Normally it shows up on the desk top so I can just eject it if I want.

How do I eject a blank CD from my computer if it doesn't show up on my desktop?

thanks!

There's a button on the keyboard for ejecting optical disks (CD's/DVD's). It's either the F12 key...or a key in the upper right of the keyboard with a "triangle with a line under it" symbol.

HTH,

- Nick

C

chas_m

If that doesn't work, try restarting your machine and holding the mouse/trackpad button down and keep holding it down. After about 15-30 seconds, the drive will try to cough out whatever's in there.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Or open up Terminal (/Applications/Utilities/), type the following in and press enter:
Code:
drutil tray eject

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.