Final Cut Express Help

Reaction score
on my videos there is a black bar on the top and bottom of the screen. the raw file is in 16:9 and it doesn't have black bars. can anyone tell me how to get rid of them? heres some footage to show you what's happening: YouTube - Smexy SnD Ace

also im a n00b at final cut :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Those top and bottom black bars in your movie. Movies with those bars are said to be in "letterbox" mode. That exists simply to give 16:9 video more height so it can fit properly on a 4:3 screen. And if it's anything like imovie or idvd you can just select the output ratio of your video as a finished product. Just make sure you have that set to 16:9 and not 4:3. And that you have letterboxing mode turned off.

OP
C
Reaction score
Those top and bottom black bars in your movie. Movies with those bars are said to be in "letterbox" mode. That exists simply to give 16:9 video more height so it can fit properly on a 4:3 screen. And if it's anything like imovie or idvd you can just select the output ratio of your video as a finished product. Just make sure you have that set to 16:9 and not 4:3. And that you have letterboxing mode turned off.

lol im not that much of a noob. i have it so letterbox is off and im exporting in 1280 x 720

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.