Macbook Unibody White Screen Problem

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently purchased a new white macbook unibody and I have recently noticed that the screen is not completely center. What I mean is, the amount of black on the right edge of the screen is larger than on the left side. It's not by much but is defiantly annoying. Does anyone else have this with a macbook? Do you think if I brought my mac to an Apple store, would they do anything?

Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Unibody Macbook (end 2009)
Hi Jimmy,

I have the same model as you and the screen is in the middle.

Speak to Apple, im sure they will help :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The entire LCD will probably have to be moved in order to center it from both edges. It's possible they may decided to replace the machine with a new one since it's fairly new. Be sure to make a good backup of everything on your hard drive before taking it on in. Use Time Machine or, even better, something like Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper.

Regards.

OP
J
Reaction score
If they were to swap the machine out, would a backup with time machine move everything to the new machine just like it is now?

Thanks!

C

chas_m

Yes.

I know this because I recently tested it by deliberately erasing my hard drive (yeah, I'm a rebel) and restoring from TM. Worked perfectly.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If they were to swap the machine out, would a backup with time machine move everything to the new machine just like it is now? Thanks!

Yes. However, you might want to take a look at Carbon Copy Cloner or
SuperDuper instead. Both applications can clone your hard drive to an external while at the same time rendering the external bootable. Makes for an easy restore on the internal drive if the need should arise.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.