Unable to use google search/ go to google.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" Macbook Unibody, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X 10.6.3
Hey guys. I've a very odd problem going on. When I log onto my schools network (Penn State) using VPN client, after about 10 minutes or so, I am unable to use google search or even go to the google homepage. I'll restart VPN client, and everything will be fine, but then it happens again. When I'm on my home network, I never have this problem. Also, I have no problem accessing any other sites.

About 10 minutes ago, I thought it may have just been Firefox, so I decided to try Safari. It was working for a little, then the gray screen came up and told me to restart my computer (kernel panic?). I currently am running snow leopard 10.6.2 and using the updated versions of both Firefox and VPN.

Obviously this is a pretty big problem, considering I can't search for anything when I'm at the library. If anyone could shed some light on this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Might be worth downloading and installing this - just as a lets make sure step.
Setting up a Location and making sure the DNS numbers show up for the schools ISP per this is worth a look.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.