How do I pair a white wireless keyboard to a Mini?

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I've just purchased a white wireless keyboard off of a seller on amazon, to use with my late '09 Mini.
The keyboard (as far as I can tell) is not coming with any of the original software disks and I've checked apple's site for the relevant software, but found nothing.

I'm assuming that the software's included in the OS? I take it that I'd need to do a software update, once the keyboard's paired?

Can someone point me to a how-to to pair the keyboard to the Mini.

Thanks in advance. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Providing you have the right wireless network facilities in place, the keyboard should just work. I'm assuming it's an Apple wireless - right? It uses bluetooth technology (so I read), and according to Mactracker, it's built-in to your Mini.

In respect of the MacOS, in systems previous to SLpd, there is a 'recognition' process, pressing key combinations to make the OS match the keystrokes with what's in the system. That may be all you need to do.

OP
Rottie
Reaction score
Hi Hugh,
Thanks for taking the time to reply. :)

Yes, the keyboard is the white bluetooth (4xAA battery, G5 era, I think) model and I have BT built in to the Mini, so no problems there.
The reason I posted, is because the vendor on amazon said it didn't include the application CD (I'm guessing that when this was new, it required some drivers, which would be outdated nowadays, anyway)

I found out how to pair bluetooth devices, using system prefs > bluetooth; it seems relatively simple and I've managed to pair my Samsung Tocco to the mini as a test.

Thanks for your input. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.