Best way to check hardware components from a dead iBook

Reaction score
I have a dead iBook G4 14 inch (Late 2004) that I was thinking about selling for parts. I know for sure that the Airport Extreme Card and the battery work because I tested them in an identical model. I would like to know the easiest, most cost effective way to check the remaining components such as the lcd, hard drive and optical drive. I have already removed the hard drive from the machine. I would prefer not to disassemble my working iBook if possible. I also have a Quicksilver G4 if that can be used in any way to test the components. The logic board is fried, and the machine will not power up so Target Disk Mode is not an option

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
Did the LCD work before it went out? Those things aren't really that prone to failure. I'd just sell the LCD "as-is" since you have no way to test it... :(

OP
T
Reaction score
drummer even

Yes, the LCD, SuperDrive and optical drive were all working prior to the logic board failure. Anyone know if I could make more from selling the components individually or as a parts and repair unit?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.