Mac dual boot help.

Reaction score
So i have used to boot camp to install windows on my mac so i can use a device i just bought. However, the last step where i need to install the drivers again so my windows recognizes them, it says i have a compatibility error and wont start installing them. Any advice of what i should do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
If that's a Windows question, you'd be waaaaay better off asking a Windows forum. Besides, we don't know what version of Windows or what device!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
OP
R
Reaction score
fogey 54

thanks for the driver update. It now says i have drivers installed unlike before, though i noticed there is still no music playing and i cant figure out why. For someone who has put vista on their macbook pro, do you still need to download the drivers off the mac os cd?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I 'assume' you mean install the Windows drivers from your OS X DVD?

That would be yes, if you have a Snow Leopard disc. It has BootCamp 3.0 drivers on it. Once those are installed there is an update to 3.1

If not, then the link chas provided above are the latest drivers available for download with 10.5.

A quick read thru of the BootCamp instructions would alleviate many issues. Open up BootCamp Assistant in OS X again and click on the button for the instructions on the first screen. It is easy to understand and concise - takes all of about 15 minutes to read thru it. I'd really suggest printing it out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro OSX
Additional Dual Boot Question (KVM)

I have a MacBook Pro boot-camped for an install of Windows XP. This setup at work is on a KVM switch with my other workstations, so my question is about what Mac keyboard key will assist me in getting windows to switch to an alternate screen (like a PowerPoint projector fn-f8 would before)? I know that I can tell windows to utilize the nVidia commands to switch the other monitor but when I do that, if I take the MacBook off the KVM, I have no way to get the screen back to the laptop screen.
Is there a hot key for the switch...?

I love the fact that OSX does this automatically, but I have to have access to XP due to limitations of my analysis software being Winders based only...and for some reason, VM will not work either, so that is not an option.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.