Little black tissue came with my MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what is this little black piece of flannel that came with my MacBook Pro for?

I have no idea what is its purpose, even though, initially I figured it was just something to clean up your screen, what gets me is that it's way to stylish for this (hence the Apple logo), and weirdly enough, when unfolded, it looks like it could be used as a mouse pad because it has different textures on each side, and one could say that the bottom could stick to your table, but it is, at the same time, too much of a tissue to hold down your mouse.

Here it's how it came (clockwise):

1st photo: it came folded like that, CD size, inside a CD like plastic envelope
2nd photo: the back, with the cool logo on the corner
3rd photo: unfolded, used as a mouse pad
4th photo: a little kneaded so you can see how fin it is
78144424-4d7445b9ee180d29b1a86e09b21e240f.4ba9e8f6-full.jpg

This is silly, but is driving me crazy!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Can anyone tell me what is this little black piece of flannel that came with my MacBook Pro for?
initially I figured it was just something to clean up your screen,

Woohoo you answered your own question :)

Cheers

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
I have no idea what is its purpose, even though, initially I figured it was just something to clean up your screen, what gets me is that it's way to stylish for this (hence the Apple logo),
TattooedMac has it right. It is just a cleaning cloth for your screen. Apple's middle name is stylish so even something as simple as a cleaning cloth has to be done Apple's way. ;)

If you have a glossy screen then you will use it pretty often because dirt shows up easier on glossy screens compared to matte screens from what I have experienced.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.