Problem reinstalling OS X 10.4.11 from original disks

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm giving my macbook away, and I'm trying to erase and reinstall.

My macbook is: White, 13 inch, OS X 10.4.11, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, 60 G hard drive, 1.83 GHz processor, Intel Core Duo.

Here's what I've don:

Put in original disk, restarted computer, holding 'C' down.

Ran the disk utility for a 7 cycle erase. Success.

Went on to do the install, but it stopped saying it couldn't complete the computer check, suggesting disk could be dirty or scratched.

Cleaned the disk (it had no scratches), put it back in restarted holding down 'C', get gray screen with spinning gray wheel, eventually blank blue screen, then computer shuts off.

Restart holding down 'D' and the hardware test comes up. Ran the check with no problems found. Restarted holding down 'C', gray screen comes up and disk gets ejected.

Tried again, and made it a little further, but came up with an error that the install couldn't be completed, the reason could not be determined. Pushed restart to try one more time. Gray screen with spinning gray wheel again, blank blue screen with no cursor, had to force a quit.

Ideas? This machine was working just fine up until this. Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
First question are you 100% certain the Tiger OS X.4.11 install discs came with this particular Macbook, as original specs state system install discs were OS X.4.6? If the discs have become mixed up by accident, that would explain why OS X.4.11 install discs will not work as they are extremely model specific.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.