Some questions about iWeb themes

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I would like to create a basic web page. iWeb looks like a very easy to use system.

I have some questions about iWeb themes.

1) If I buy the iWeb, how many themes will I be able to choose from?

2) There seem to be many sites offering themes for free or for sale--are these sites trustworthy? Any good sites with a nice range of themes?

3) I always find myself wanting simple themes--like a blank white page. Does anybody know of a very simple blank white (or nearly blank white) iWeb theme?

4) With other template systems I have used in the past, I have always been frustrated by simple things, like not being able to change fixed colors or font sizes/styles. To what extent can you change elements of iWeb themes?

OK, that's a good start.

Many thanks,

Bruno

OP
B
Reaction score
Follow up question

Thanks! That helped a great deal.

In fact, I realized I had an older (pre 09?) version of iWeb on my computer, and I immediately got started with a blank white page, and created a basic framework that I really like. So easy to use! Go Mac!

I have a follow up question:

Is there a way to have a "menu within a menu" or a "sub-menu" on a page?

For example, on the main default menu, I have a list of pages: home, contacts, and so on.

Within one of those pages, I would like to have links to other pages, which do not appear on the main menu.

The only way I can figure out to do it now is to create a new page, but, of course, the new page will appear in the main menu, defeating the purpose....

I followed the link you provided about creating a custom menu, but I am not sure I understand exactly how to do that, or if it is possible with my older version of iWeb.

How do I make a page, or a set of pages, with links, that does not show up on the main menu?

Any insight?

Once more, many thanks.

Bruno

Reaction score
hello,
i am facing a big problem. i purchase a domain from some other site and hosting from some other site. now how can i run the domain on this hosting

Reaction score
hello,
i am facing a big problem. i purchase a domain from some other site and hosting from some other site. now how can i run the domain on this hosting
Your hosting service should provide you with the IP address for your new web site. Take that address and go back to the site that provided your domain name. They should have a screen that allows you to associate your domain name with the IP address. It is hard to prescribe exactly how to do that without knowing who your domain-name site is. If it is GoDaddy I can tell you that in detail but for others, you'll just have to poke around or maybe someone else here has used your service and can explain it in detail for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.