Can't delete an alias file on my External HDD

Reaction score
Hey,

I have a file on my external hdd which just doesn't want to go away when I delete it. It was a folder which I thought I deleted, now it shows up as an alias file with no size or info whatsoever. When I delete it with cmd+backspace or if I drag it to the trash then it just appears again in a few seconds.
I've done a scan on viruses with iAntivirus, but no threats were found.
Also in windows the file is unreadable and can't be deleted.
Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
What is the file?

OP
Z
Reaction score
It was a folder named "up in the air". I deleted this folder, but after some time I noticed that there was now an aliasfile called "up in the air" which can not be deleted. So it is an alias file.
I can't do anything with it, not rename, delete, move copy, or whatever. I also have unknown access to this file (in the permissions tab of the info window)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
try terminal
make sure you put a space between rm and -rf and a space after -rf and then drag the alias folder there.

rm -rf(space)and drag file here and click enter

OP
Z
Reaction score
The file won't go into the terminal. I can drag and drop other files, but not this file. When I enter the path manually in terminal I get an input/output error

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm lost for further suggestions.... So, just going to have to wait until someone comes to this thread with an answer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.