Weird Mac-Forums Site Activity

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I've been experiencing odd behavior on the Mac-Forums website this morning.

If I'm in a forum and then go back to the list of all forums, before the page is finished loading it will jump back into the forum I was just in. I also started to be re-directed to some website (didn't take long enough to even read what it was). But I KNOW I didn't click on any link. It's all been while a page is loading.

Maybe this site is being "hacked" or just having other issues?

EDIT: Ok, it happened again. This time when I clicked on Switcher Hangout to enter that forum. I was re-directed to this URL: http://localfindlinks.com/jump2/?affiliate=8046&subid=996_83755&terms=bathroom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook : 2.26ghz,2gb ram and love it
When I viewed the forum a few weeks ago on a windows machine, it kept directing me to some website. It does not do it on my Mac. But it still does it if i use a windows system. on firefox or Opera.

I should add that this other website only popped up if i hit the reply button or tried to navigate through the forum

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I haven't been seeing this on my Windows machine with Chrome..I've had the site fail to load and timeout completely..but no re-directs..

Regards

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I would be willing to bet it's a DNS issue with your ISP. Recently, there's been a string of DNS cache corruption/hacking.

I would use OpenDNS or Google's DNS servers at your router and see if the issue persists.

Reaction score
Yea, It can be a DNS error in your computer, Try deleting all cookies, cache and history. Restart your browser and it might work out fine after all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I've been experiencing odd behavior on the Mac-Forums website this morning.

And from here in NZ too. After composing a quick reply or quote-reply, and clicking Submit Reply, the whole lot disappears, and a blank window results. All those pearls of wisdom - gone! :eek: What's happening?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.