• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Disk burning problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if you guys could assist me on an issue in regards to burning my duel layer iso files on my new mac book pro.

I have a Matsh ita DVD-R UJ-868 according to my hardware list - it also goes on to say: DVD-Write: -R, -R DL, -RW, +R, +R DL, +RW

I've tried right clicking on my working .iso file and selecting "burning "image.iso" to disk…" and I've also downloaded a program called X360_iso_hacker and both start burning data to the disk but each time i attempt a burn i get this error at some point along the process. Im not really sure where to go from here...

"Problems burning to disk
The Image cant be burned because communication between the computer and the disc drive failed (error code 0x80020022)."

Many thanks

(im not sure if this is in the wrong place, sorry if it is)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Unfortunately, as it appears you are attempting to burn a copy of an XBox game (the use of x360 iso hacker) you won't find much help here overall on the topic as that is illegal activity here in the US and that violates forum policies.

Best I could suggest is look the error up on google. Beyond that, I'll bet the thread will be locked soon.

OP
T
Reaction score
I was under the impression making backups of your own games was legal? Just against Microsoft user agreement?

And who cares what Microsoft says. :)

I have googled the error but honestly couldnt see a problem that was like mine. I do hope someone here can shed some light on the problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Well, it goes against DMCA - and although I, and many others here, believe in Fair Use (ie: being able to make backups of your own stuff), it violates US law :( , so it's against the rules here..

And that error brings up a ton of possibilities of issues on google - you need to look beyond the software as it's probably not a software related issue.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Breaking the disc encryption is the issue here, as it's in violation of the US DMCA. And since we follow US Law here, this thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.