Windows 7 help!

Reaction score
I have partitioned my drive with bootcamp. Followed all instructions. I have formatted and reinstalled 3 times so far and still get the same result.

After I install windows 7 Ultimate 64bit it runs great.... however, when i go to boot windows from a restart or shutdown it just sits on a black screen with a blinking cursor at the top left of the screen for like 3 - 5 min before it actually loads into the "Windows" splash screen and begins its boot up.

Any ideas why this is happening and how I can fix it?

Also... of possible relevance. Once i partition with bootcamp and i load into the windows install disk it shows 4 partitions. OSX, BOOTCAMP, and two small ones that are like 200 MB each. I dont remember these being there last time I installed windows on a mac.

15" MacBook Pro Unibody

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The slow boot to Windows 7 may be due to some hardware you have attached. Do you have an external drive or external DVD drive attached? Flash drive attached? Another reason for the slow boot can be due to an AV program doing a system scan during the boot up cycle.

As for the 200 MB partition, this is normal. However, you should only have one 200 MB partition not two. Did you attempt to install Windows 7 twice?

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air 1.8
My Windows 7 partition does the same thing to me. My Windows 7 ran fine until I ran the Boot Camp update. Windows 7 should only be about 15-30 slower than OSX to boot depending on your hardware.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.