Security Help Needed

Reaction score
It appears that someone has been hacking into my computer and reading my emails. Would anyone be kind enough to tell me how I can stop this from happening while still using remote access?

I currently log on to my computer from work using Logmein.com and I am running OSX Snow Leopard. I have changed the password for Logmein but it still appears that my emails are being read remotely.

Is there any software or security setting I can install on my mac to block this nosey parker?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature.
Almost sounds to me like they're monitoring the computer you used to change your password. I would think it's a good idea to change that password. I'm not sure if Snow Leopard lets you only allow certain computers through the firewall, but I would recommend that, if you can, set it up so that you block everything except for the computer you use for remote desktop. If not, I know that you may be able to set it up so that the firewall sends back a no response, but as to if you can set it up for being able to use remote desktop, I don't know for sure.

Reaction score
What kind of email server are you using (pop, imap, etc...).
Have you changed your email password, they may be reading them directly on the server... If your using imap they would then show up in your mailbox as read.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Is it possible work computers have a keystroke program to monitor employees use of the web to catch those visiting shall we say inappropriate web sites?

OP
S
Reaction score
What kind of email server are you using (pop, imap, etc...).
Have you changed your email password, they may be reading them directly on the server... If your using imap they would then show up in your mailbox as read.

Reading straight from the server! That might be the solution.

It appears though that she is receiving the emails direct to her account, as if she has set up a redirect or something. I will have a look on the server (I am using a POP acoount).

Thanks so much to everyone for your help! I really appreciate it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.