"All Documents" clean out???

Reaction score
Hi Gang!
I have been I the site a few time looking and just registered today! :D

So my question is......
Can you clean out the "All Documents" tab in the hard drive with OUT deleting the documents from another folder that is using the documents??

Example.....I have some pics in the "All Documents" tab but I also have the same pics in my family folder on my desktop.
If I delete the pics from the "All Documents tab will it delete the pics from ALL folders?

The reason I ask is I no longer have anymore space on my hard drive.

Thanks Gang!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Welcome to Mac Forums

All documents tab?

Please clarify :)

OP
O
Reaction score
Opps...sorry!

When I DC on the HD folder on my desktop.
The All Documents tab is the last tab on the left side

Example....
Today
Yesterday
Past Week
All Images
All Movies
All Documents

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I see.... you cannot delete things from there!
Just think of it as a history folder or directory.... it is not an actual location of any items, so there is no HD space being taken up there.
Sounds like it's time for you te get a bigger HD :D

OP
O
Reaction score
LOL...I would love one but the wife wouldnt like that!

The reason I would like to clean up space is I cant even upgrade software anymore.

When I do this message pops up........"Your hard drive does not have enough space"

I have a 120 HD and I dont have alot on it....well I thought I didnt!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you go through your folders in your home folder and right click (control click) get info, you will see how large the folders are.

OP
O
Reaction score
Aww 6S now we are talking.
Last week I bought a External HD 1T And I DID put all mt pics on it but I am still having this problem.

I wonder if I to many movies on iTunes saved to my comp??

OP
O
Reaction score
WOW...I have 43 movies saved on my computer!!!
I guess I found out were all the space went!!

Now the next question is how do I remove the movies from my computer but still keep the movies on my Apple TV?

I might have to start a new thread...LOL!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Once the movies are on your external HD, you'll still need to view them through your itunes library I believe.
Select your external drive in Finder window.
Select the movies you want in your iTunes library, and then while pressing the option key, drag the movie into iTunes.
This will place the movies into iTunes making it available to your Apple TV, without saving the file onto your internal HD.
I'm sure that there are other methods, but this is what I believe will work, but can't test it as I don't have Apple TV.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.