Re installed leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook air, pro ipad air
I've just re installed leopard (direct from the leopard disc) with a clean install

When I bought the Imac it came with I life 2008. For whatever reason Ilife 2008 does not appear with the Re installation.

I did not do any backups as there was no data (documents etc ) that I needed. I did not install the mac OX install discs 1 & 2, just leopard.

Have I lost Ilife ? or should I have installed the two other discs first ? These were the only 3 discs I was supplied with so I assume Ilife was on one of them.

Many thanks :(

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Did you do an Upgrade, Archive and Install or Erase and Install?

An Upgrade or Archive and Install would have kept all your apps and settings intact.

Let us know.

Also you can install iLife using the DVD's that came with the machine. I think it might be under Optional Installs but not sure right now.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Did you do an Upgrade, Archive and Install or Erase and Install?

An Upgrade or Archive and Install would have kept all your apps and settings intact.

Let us know.

Also you can install iLife using the DVD's that came with the machine. I think it might be under Optional Installs but not sure right now.

I done a clean install using just the Leopard disc (erase and install)

I do have the original install discs + the Leopard disc. I am wondering if I start from the beginning and use all 3 discs ?? I have Mac OS install disc 1 +2 + Leopard.

When I bought the machine all I had to do was install Leopard

Thanks for answering:D

C

chas_m

The Leopard (retail) disc does not, of course, come with iLife. It is on your system restore discs.

You can restore iLife separately, there is NO NEED to start over again unless you're just bored.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Chas,

I tried the restoration discs but after choosing disc 1 (install bundled packages) it installed some then requested disc 2 for completion. A minute or so after installing disc 2 it ejected the disc ! (it was still asking for disc 2 ) I then tried install "mac OS X and the bundled packages" and the same result again. The surface of the disc is fine, in fact it is the first time I have had it out of it's original package in 3 years. So not sure what is wrong :(

Thanks for the reply..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.