Mocrosoft Office Help - Shortcuts

Reaction score
This is driving me nuts...
I am completely new to Macs, by the way.... yay, I've joined the flock!

Anyways, two questions....

I'm trying to make a few shortcuts in MS Word; particularly a "Bullet and Numbering DEFAULT" shortcut. Every time I go to make it though, it always insists on showing the menu of which bullet I want to use, rather than the "default" the document is already using.

Any hints or tips? This is a minor issue, I realize, but to me its a big deal (especially when I'm in class making notes, I need those bullets on the fly!)

Thanks a ton for any help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Modify your Normal file

Possibly found in: Users/YourUserName/Documents/Microsoft User Data
You can designate another "home" for the MUD folder, so if yours isn't where mine is, search for the file named "Normal"

Open that file and set up the bullets you want as defaults, then save it. Now you don't need a shortcut for every file. The default will be as you set it once and for all.

I don't have an answer for your second question... ???

OP
D
Reaction score
Sorry, I did type that at 3am and was pretty exhausted, so I don't think I did type a second question...heh.

It's still not working. I assigned COM+D as my bullet, removed the same command that opens the font menu, and it still won't work...
And I'm new to mac; I found the place that your post suggests but I have no idea what to do there.

EDIT: NEVERMIND - she works!!! Thank you!! =D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Great! Now that you've found the Normal file, you can open it anytime to modify your own customized default document.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.