USB printer problem with MacBook

Reaction score
Hello bros,

I have problems with adding a USB printer into my MacBook Tiger 10.4.
Although the driver installation is good, when I select the printer which is recognized and displayed and then click Add, the computer turns into a Wait status and after about 30 seconds, it comes back to normal but nothing added, I don't see any printer in the printer list.

This is the second USB printer on which I have problem. It is new and runs well with other computers.

Do you have any solutions ?
Thanks bros !

Reaction score
so it is detected...

what happens if you have it plugged in and you try to print something?

OP
F
Reaction score
yes, the printer is detected. It prints a good test page itself when I unplug it from computer.

Any suggestion is welcome!

OP
F
Reaction score
Sorry, I misunderstood your question...

As the printer is not added successfully and then not displayed in the printer list, I cannot select it to print for example a document from Word.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 max (16-inch, 2021) & 2016 iPad Pro
Have you checked with the printer manufacturer for the latest printer driver/software?

I just went through trouble shooting a new printer set up about a month ago. The printer said it came with software for OS 10.6 but it still would not work as advertised. Contacted their techs and downloaded updated software and I was good to go.

OP
F
Reaction score
Hi bros,

I tried to restart the computer as well as to install new driver downloaded on the Epson's site, also with Gimp driver but the problem is always the same.

I think it is caused by the Mac system itself. I want to restore the system but my system disk is not lost...

Could you help me please ?
Thanks a lot!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
You could ring Apple online number>spare parts, and they may be able to send you replacement grey system discs that came with your Mac for a low cost.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.