Powerbook Ram

B

Biturbo V12 AMG

I will be buying a new powerbook 15inch 1.67ghz soon. I wanted to know if the ram has to be matched to the base 512. Currently I want to buy a 1gig stick aftermarket and add that to the powerbooks base 512 to make a total of 1.5gigs of ram. but i read that you must match the memory size so you couldnt have 1 512 stick and 1 gig stick you had to have either 2x 512 or 2 gig sticks.

i have an older powerbook g4 with base 256mb ram and ive added 512 to it. so i know in the past you could mismatch ram size but what has changed over the past 2 years. since my powerbook i have now has mismatched memory, i am thinking that the source is wrong and you can have mismatched ram pairs but just to be safe can you guy confirm that you dont need matched pairs.

one last thing. does it hurt performance to have mismatched pairs of ram.

OP
M

menace3054

im pretty sure that you do not have to match memory in the powerbooks. I think that one 512 and 1, gb stick should be fine. The only computers that require matching, i think, is the dual processor powermacs. I just checked, and no, they do not have to match. check 4allmemory.com they have a good deal on pb ram

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.