MBP as Monitor

Reaction score
Hey all,

I recently bought a Mac Mini but due to a very limited budget did not get a monitor. I'm currently using a roommate's HDTV. Anyway, I'm wondering if there is anyway to use my Macbook Pro as a monitor for the Mac Mini. I'm really hoping something like Spaces is possible, with one space dedicated to the Mac Mini and the other the Macbook. I've searched around but haven't had any luck yet. Thanks in advance.

- Jarvis

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not possible as the MBP only has video out. No port for video in. You would have to purchase the new iMac 27" to be able to use its display from another source.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
Check out ScreenRecycler...

ScreenRecycler

I used it a few times last year, but didn't stay with it because I realized it was absurd to run a G4 tower just to be a second screen on a box that I only type on :p

But it's good software and it'll do exactly what you want.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.