Mac Book Pro used as remote

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macBook Pro 4gb 2.53ghz duo
I was wondering if there were any apps out there that would allow a person to use their macbook pro as a universal remote to control a tv, ps3, 360, surround sound etc.
Thanks Ryan.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (late 2009) with Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.2
You want your entire computer to be your remote? What do you want to be able to do as using your computer as your remote?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macBook Pro 4gb 2.53ghz duo
I just want to be able to use the typical remote functions using the IR and bluetooth in my mac in an app to control my home theatre system from my bed or desk without having a bunch of remotes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (late 2009) with Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.2
Probably not. The TV probably uses a different type of IR sensor. You could try looking on Google for software that does it but, I am pretty sure that there isn't.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
What you would need is a device like this...

ThinkFlood :: What is RedEye?

That is for the iPhone and I didn't really read all about it even though I may look at getting one. I'm sure there is something out there that could be used on the computer. Like sometimes I use my MBP to control the Sat receiver using the slingbox.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.