Ubuntu 9.10 driver issue

Reaction score
Hi im running Ubuntu on my macbook using wubu through windows 7 and im having a problem, my Ubuntu doesnt seem to have any drivers for the hardware. It doesnt recognise my wireless adapter and also my mouse pad doesnt really work properly, it works if I puch on the pad hard but if I track gently the mouse pad jumps around. I tried changing the sensitivity with no effect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 4 GB DDR3, 250 GB HDD, 10.6.4
You need to download a looooot of drivers in order to get Ubuntu up and running properly on just about any system. Figure out what model your computer is, and Google "ubuntu 9.10 (i assume you're using that version) (computer model). You'll find the Ubuntu help page with documentation for what drivers you need and how to get them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air 1.8
depend on how old the hardware is.

I had an old Dell D400 that I wiped and install Ubuntu 9.10 as the only OS and Ubuntu installed everything including the Dell shortcut and volume keys for media player.

Which Windows 7 are you running 32 or 64? The 32 is probably a better choice. I have Window 7 on my MBA with no issues but havent tried Ubuntu yet as 2 OS are enough on one machine and Wubi relies to heavily on your Windows install.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.