Upgrading macbook pro to ssd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" LED-Backlite display, 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB memory, 512MB VRAM, 320GB HD
So recently my MacBook Pro's (late 2008 model) hard drive has been sounding terrible when accessing files and just in general, like the bearings are on there way out. Since my warranty for a new hard drive has expired, I was thinking about just upgrading to an SSD. Has anyone tried this? and suggestions on what to buy? any good youtube links? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
I replaced the hard disk in my old Powerbook 3400 with an Addonics CF>ATA adaptor and love it. I've got twin 16GB CF cards inside it now. Silent, quick, and it saves a ton of battery power :p

Reaction score
it's a very worthy upgrade. Because of fast access times, it generally makes your computer very nippy! Just mare sure you buy an established brand like samsung, ocz, intel etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Did it to my Late 2008 MBP with a 128GB SSD. Best upgrade I've ever done. No application icon takes more than one bounce to open.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.