Installer doesn't let me install a previous version of a program

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini late 2009, OS X 10.6.2
I tried the latest version of a program. I wasn't really too keen on the new stuff, so I decided to reinstall an older version. I used CleanApp to get rid of the latest version. Now that I try to install the older version again, Installer tells me that the program cannot be installed, because a later version of it already exists. Clearly this is not the case as Clean App can't find anything related to the program, and nor can Finder. Any insight is truly appreciated.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
The only assistance anyone is going to be able to provide without the name of the app is to recommend you go to the developer's site and/or try google to find out how to totally uninstall the app.

(The developer's site may be the best suggestion even with the name of the app.)

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
supply chirping

Sorry-- I thought the name of the application was irrelevant. It's called Audiofinder, and here's what the develop's site had to say about uninstalling it:

Iced Audio • View topic - How to uninstall AudioFinder?

I did all that, and like I said, nothing at all comes up in Finder when I search for audiofinder.

Thanks.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You might want to also look in:

MacIntosh HD / Library / Application Support

If it's not there and since this is a $70 app, unless someone just comes along that happens to use that app here, you will probably be better off asking in their forums.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, and you're right about asking on their forums. I just thought that maybe a thing like this could be a "general" issue with a universally applicable solution.

Reaction score
You can try looking in /Library/Receipts and see if it left a receipt there.
If so try deleting it, or moving it.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, cradom! Receipts was indeed one of the places which had some information about the program. I didn't know that Spotlight doesn't search your system files (new mac user-related) and thus I found a couple things related to the application that I needed to delete.

This made me think about CleanApp, though, and its alleged thoroughness!?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro QuadCore i7 2.2, 4Gb Ram, 750Gb 5400 HDD
Install an older version AudioFinder

After removing all the program files you should run the command in Terminal:
sudo pkgutil –forget com.namecompany.programname

com.namecompany.programname - file name preferences in /Volume/Library/Preferences

For example, to remove the program AudioFinder and install an older version:
sudo pkgutil –forget com.icedaudio.audiofinder

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.