imac won't boot?

Reaction score
Hi, my kids informed me the imac only boots to screen with an apple and spinning wheel. I unplugged and try restarting same problem dusted off the box that has the original OS in it which is brand new and trybooting from he discs it said it could not because of anewer OS when I chose to archive current files etcc.. and re installne OS after 35 miute t tated the disk was no good? I never used them prior to this? I ran a aHWtest and other things were accessible off disk but can not bbot system?

Lost in Connecticut

Andrew

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (late 2009) with Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.2
Ask your kids if they did anything they usually wouldn't do. They might have installed something that might have broken it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
If you have upgraded to - say Leopard and then use the Tiger disk to try and re install the OS that could give you issues. Try booting off the install disk and after selecting the language, find disk utility in menu drop down and erase the HD and try the install again.

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue, with the exception that on startup I just get a blank screen. Additionally, I can't find the OS disc. I somehow managed to start it properly once and ran its virus protection program, but it didn't detect anything. It's really got me stumped.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
ImmortalResolve
Welcome to the forum. You cannot find the Install Disk and you do not have a back up - Living dangerously it seems.
You could buy a new OS disk and start again. What OS and what hardware do u have - it helps when giving advice to know the parameters.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.