Z key

K

Kahlan

I have a weird problem with one of my keys. It's the z key on my clamshell
computer. I'm not sure if it had this problem before now, I'm almost positive that it didn't, but can't say for sure.

My OS 9 and OS X are on different partitions. When I use OS 9 the z key works fine, but when I'm on OS X it only works if I press shift and z to give me an uppercase letter. It will not work if I just press z (I get a system sound ping) or use the cap lock.

I'm not sure what to do next. The last thing I did on it was assign the F number keys on OS 9. Any idea's on how to get my key back would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
kahlan

OP
R

raybattersby

Smae Z-key problem

Hi Kahlan,

Did you ever get to the bottom of your z-key problem? I have the identical problem on my Powerbook. CAPITAL Z is OK; lower case z does not work (I'm typing this on a PC). It MUST be software/driver related.

What did you do?

Cheers

Ray

Kahlan said:
I have a weird problem with one of my keys. It's the z key on my clamshell
computer. I'm not sure if it had this problem before now, I'm almost positive that it didn't, but can't say for sure.

My OS 9 and OS X are on different partitions. When I use OS 9 the z key works fine, but when I'm on OS X it only works if I press shift and z to give me an uppercase letter. It will not work if I just press z (I get a system sound ping) or use the cap lock.

I'm not sure what to do next. The last thing I did on it was assign the F number keys on OS 9. Any idea's on how to get my key back would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
kahlan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
can you post the solution to the rest of the community so somebody who comes to the forums for help when they search for it and find this thread they will have the solution easily.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.