application to clean files from my mac?

Reaction score
hi there!

im looking for an application that could allow me to erase all little components of a software that i had installed for a while. im trying to reinstall it because i think i've got a bug, and i need to get rid of everything related with the software. i've heard about something called 'sweeper' ...

any ideas where i can get a free application that can solve this problem?

many thanks!!! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
To remove an app from your Macintosh, drag its icon to the trash. Everything is contained within one bundle. It's not like Windows, where it spews files in every folder on your disk.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Au contraire JJ. Some files are left scattered through the filesystem but they are frequently tiny in size and should be of little concern. That said, they still exist. If they bother you, you can use something like AppCleaner to remove the application and any associated files.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
Ohhh... I guess I just never cared enough to notice... hehe :D

Aside from preference files or the occasional Application Support file somewhere in /System/Library

... I still can't care about those. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic
i use Clean My Mac

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.