Help with connecting Macbook pro to a TV

Reaction score
I have a newer macbook pro and am trying to connect it to my Sony Wega TV (its from 04). I am using a mini display to dvi adapter then a dvi to hdmi cable. I have gotten the screen to work twice out of a handful of times and both times the picture lasted about 2 mins then went black and I could not get the picture to come back. Does anyone know what is going on and if possible how I could make this work?? Thank you.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
See the following thread - try the different steps in Item # 1 of the 2nd post.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/other-hardware-peripherals/193239-connecting-your-mac-your-tv.html

There is also the possibility that an '04 model Sony just does not provide the proper EDID (info) to a computer. Quite a few of those first year model HDTVs would not work properly with computers, or would work with Windows, but no other OS.

Can possibly provide more help with the model number of your Sony.
Your issue is typical of a bad connection, adapter or cable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.