SMART Status: Failing

P

prophet

For the past month and a half I've been battling hard disk problems with my iBook. I've had to format my hard disk quite a number of times, even zeroed it this past time, yet problems persist.

Today I started running disk utility and down at the bottom in red it says "S.M.A.R.T. Status: Failing"

So does this mean that the hard drive is finally going to kick it and that apple owes me a new disk? or what?

this iBook isn't even a year old and I've been plagued with disk problems, I'd be happy if they did just go ahead and replace the ****ed thing.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
You will be experiencing a disk failure soon. If your system is under warranty, then Apple will replace it. Back up all of your data as soon as possible if you have not.

OP
P

prophet

hahaha, already working on it.

....10 gigs of music, 7 of graphic design work...

it's gonna be a long day...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
i hope you didnt bury your recipit to take it back to apple ;)

OP
P

prophet

ha, they know me by name by now.

I already had to send it to them to get the logic board replaced.

I hate to say it, because I love my iBook, but more things have broken on it in the past 10 months than my parent's PC in 4 years. tisk tisk apple, get it together.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.