Secondlife on Macbook

Reaction score
I need a little help. My current laptop does not work well, so I am considering going with the basic white Macbook which comes with;

2.26GHz : 250GB
2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB DDR3 memory
250GB hard drive1

Will Secondlife run well with this? Or should I upgrade to 4GB ram? I need a laptop that Secondlife will run well on because I spend a lot of time playing the game, can anyone help me? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Dont take this the wrong way, but it is a expensive piece of equipment to buy just to play 2nd life ....

But to answer your question, that will do just fine. If you are looking to upgrade your RAM stay AWAY from the store if you are. They like to charge exuberant prices, but i will recommend OWC~MacSales.
Then look for the button that says *My OWC* and follow the prompts to get the RAM that will be upgradable for your machine.
I live in Aust and with there customer service and delivery i couldnt be happier. Would recommend them before anyone else :)

Good luck

Cheers

OP
J
Reaction score
Thank you for your response. Just to let you know I am not buying a Mac just to "play" on Secondlife...I work in Secondlife, so it is essential for my job. Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.