Just Got a Unibody Mac, What Should i do?!?!?

Reaction score
never used mac before, had some interest in the past.

i was on craigslist and saw a macbook unibody 13.3 mb467lla 2.4ghz 500gb 7200rpm hd 3gb ram with 7 months still on apple care! the guy was selling cause he needed rent asap and i wound up getting him down to 475! it is in excellent shape!

2 problems i have had so far i'm having a little difficulty with the touchpad sometimes it gets stuck for a brief second or 2. other than that im enjoying it, just wondering is it worth selling and getting a new macbook. also is it possibly to run windows 7 64 bit trouble free. any tips or advice would be great

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Enjoy - and welcome to the Forum
This might be a help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Well done and welcome to the forum and the world of Macs.
I personally would keep that sucker and you got a awesome price for it too. If it shows down the track to be problematic i would look at getting rid of it.
Question ..... Did the install disks come with it ?? Not really important now as Snow Leopard disks sell for $29. Have you SL running on it ??
One other thing is i would upgrade your RAM though to 4Gb outright. You will get performance out of the machine if it has corresponding RAM instead of it being offset.
I will recommend OWC~MacSales for upgradable RAM. I come from Australia and i couldnt be happier with them, and there customer service and on time delivery. STAY AWAY from  store to get it as they charge exuberant prices for anything like that.

And just to give you a helping hand, have a look through the 1st few pages of THIS thread as it gives a lot of good info and pages to look at to make your switch more comfortable. These where given to the OP a 92yr old fella and he found them more than helpful. Its easier than giving you a hundred links lol

Apart from that, take it and enjoy

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.