New HDD for Time Machine

Reaction score
So guys right now I have my MB 500GB hdd backing up to an external 1TB, I am thinking about getting one of those Wallet sized HDD maybe a 500GB to match my Drive, is there an easy wait that i will be able to just copy all the data from my TB drive to that 500, can I just do a cut and copy?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
If your backing up the 500 to the TB Ext, and if this is the 1st time, the easiest way and IMO if you get the pocket 500, why not just do the same thing and copy over from your 500 Int drive ... ??
Unless im missing something in your post this would be easier than trying to back up a 1TB Ext to a 500GB Ext

Cheers

OP
LogicBox
Reaction score
Sorry Im just a little tired, I have been backing up to my TB, I wanna change that to where I am backing up to a pocketdrive instead. So I can easily carry it around with me in my bag. So I was just ganna try to take all the backups I have done so far from my TB drive and put them on the new pocketdrive. if that makes sense

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Depends on what u r wanting to do. Is this a TM back up u r wanting to copy? First have a read here and decide which method is going to be best for you - read McBie comments.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Sorry Im just a little tired, I have been backing up to my TB, I wanna change that to where I am backing up to a pocketdrive instead. So I can easily carry it around with me in my bag. So I was just ganna try to take all the backups I have done so far from my TB drive and put them on the new pocketdrive. if that makes sense

Ahh ok that makes sense now ... But follow Collins advice and have a read of Mcbies comments. Easier than double dutching :)

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.