Help! Zoom gesture broken

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 80 gig iPod | 8 gig Nano
Originally my two-finger spread gesture zoomed text and images in web pages. Now - somehow - I seem to have turned off the image part, and cannot find the toggle to restore the original functionality. Text still grows. Can anyone help?

Many thanks -

~s

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
You say somehow you seemed to turn it off. Did you or didnt you, from memory ??

It might be as simple as a system update. have you all the latest updates for your MB ??

Without anymore info, thats all i can come up with ATM :)

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
It is amazing what sloppy typing can do with the Mac OS, i know have done a few myself and seen some done by others. Go into System Preferences > Track Pad to see if you have turned it off.
If you accidentally do - Control Option Command 8 - it will get your attention but other multi key commands may go unnoticed for a while.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No...and yes

Thanks for the suggestions...but I'm still stuck. I didn't notice the problem right away, i.e., as the result of something I just did a that moment. And I am current on my updates. Seems like the gesture is only messed up for images in Safari. It still zooms the text OK. I've looked through the toggles in Safari, but don't see anything that would affect image zoom. Maybe I just need to re-install Safari.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I'm a bit lost as to you saying that it zooms the text but not the images.
Is that what you are saying, or am I misreading this due to late night blurred vision?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
problem solved

In case anyone searches this problem in the future, I'm posting this somewhat-belated solution. There's a option in Safari's "View" menu to Zoom Text Only. Somehow (user-keyboard interface error, probably!), it had become selected. Uncheck it and (WooHoo!) both text and graphics zoom, with the gesture and with the command+ keyboard combo. Thanks again to those who responded to my initial querry...just shows that we can't all be saved from our own stupidity.

~sluggo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Another choice is to select Safari > View > Customize Toolbar and add these zoom controls just for Safari;

Click for full size

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.